Located in the heart of the Mara North conservancy and nestled in a peninsular curve of the Mara River, the Royal Mara Safari Lodge is a true retreat into nature. At the Royal Mara, your safari experience does not end when you finish a game drive. With its grounds filled with resident and visiting animals, enjoy wildlife moments even as you have your meals or rest on the deck of your suite.
The Royal Mara is home to many savannah animals that have made their dens within the premises. As you walk on its pathways, day or night, you will see these creatures going about their daily lives. There are also hundreds of hippos on the banks of the river where the suites are situated. Some of the greatest densities of hippo are right here, in this unique corner of the Mara.
If you're in the Masai Mara to see the Great Migration, the Royal Mara is the perfect starting point from which to experience this natural wonder. Only a short drive away from the Mara's two main wildebeests crossing points, you'll be able to get there early for a good spot from which to capture this incredible moment.
Staying in the Royal Mara will give you unparalleled access to all of Mara North's natural wonders. With the conservancy's dedication to low-density tourism, you will have the space to experience the African savannah at its best. Out here, you will have the ability to drive off-road to find and observe big cats, a privilege not offered outside Mara's conservancies. Experience what the film crew of famous documentaries like BBC's the Big Cat Diaries saw while on location. The televised prides continue to prowl the lands of the Mara. With continued conservation efforts, their numbers continue to increase, providing for even more spectacular viewing year on year.
The Royal Mara is the perfect choice for visitors who want to be immersed in nature and to experience the Masai Mara at its best.
- Hippo watching right from the deck of your lodge
- Resident wildlife living on hotel grounds
- Walking safari by local Maasai guide
- Authentic, hand-carved furnishings, providing a East-African safari ambience
- Barbecue dinners by the campfire
- Local Hippo lagoon with 100+ hippos
- All lodges overlook the Mara River
- Each lodge is furnished with a four-poster super king bed and a double bed
- Each lodge has a large, private verandah with large deck beds
- Each lodge comes with its own WiFi Internet Connectivity
- Electronic safe deposit boxes
- All-day electricity
- Coffee and tea making facilities in the room